It’s Sunday and you’re a little bit hungry. Why not going to brunch in one of the Parisian restaurants which offers a whole meal at affordable price. Where is it interesting to brunch at small prices in Paris? Continue reading “Where to brunch at small prices in Paris?”
When you are visiting Paris, it is usual to visit some traditional museums, or to take a sit on a boat trip on the Seine or in a panoramic bus. But how to visit Paris differently ? Here are some good visit ideas to do alone or in groups. Continue reading “How to visit Paris differently ?”
For the last 35 years in France, the 21st June is not just the longest day of the year but also the day of the fête de la musique. This “festival of music” is no ordinary festival. Created in France in 1982, it has been taken up by neighbouring countries where it has been just as successful. Music takes over the city’s streets, with live bands, singers, amateur musicians, drummers, DJs and so on scattered throughout the city, expressing themselves through music and inviting the crowd to enjoy themselves.
For its 35th edition, the Fête de la Musique fills the streets with music on the theme ‘music is more powerful than’. Well-known and upcoming artists fill streets, museums, gardens, bars, restaurants and churches in Paris and play all types of music for the public. A snapshot of not-to-be-missed concerts for this 2016 edition:
- The Saint Eustache 36-hour festival
- Orchestre de Paris at the Pyramide du Louvre
- Oriental rock at the Musée d’Art et d’Histoire du Judaïsme
- Electro party at Montmartre
Source : Parisinfo.com
Paris welcomes in the summer to the sound of music ! See the full programme on the website of the Ministère de la Culture et de la Communication : culturecommunication.gouv.fr
The capital is full of outings for tourists and also for students who wish to meet for an evening. Where can you meet for a student party in Paris? Continue reading “Paris and its student parties”
An event established over ten years ago, on the third Saturday in May French museums open their doors to visitors for free, staying open late into the evening.
Museums and quite particularly museums of France, on the occasion of this night, open to all the artistic practices through which the visitors make up(compose) the route(course) of their choice(selection). They were two millions last year to take advantage of numerous animations which were so proposed to them: projections, visit in the flashlight(torch), the treasure hunts, the shows, the concerts, etc. Organised by the Ministry of Culture and Communication, this event aims to make culture more accessible to all.
During this one special night, you can visit or revisit the top museums in the French capital, such as the Louvre, Musée d’Orsay, or Centre Pompidou, or be surprised by the Arts and Metiers Museum, the Decorative Arts Museum or the Palais de la Découverte (Palace of Discovery). This popular event also takes place in some thirty European countries. A long and fruitful night lies ahead…
Source : Parisinfo.com and Nuitdesmusees.culturecommunication.gouv.fr
– From 2 to 14 May : Design enthusiasts will be making their way this month to D’Days. Exhibitions, workshops, discussions and so on over this 12 day period.
– The 81st edition of the ice hockey world championship kicks off on 5 May, with 64 matches to be played by 16 countries attempting to wrest victory from the 2016 champion, Canada.
– 18 to 21 May : The food fair Taste of Paris, which sets up its stall in the nave of the Grand Palais. There will be a host of tasting sessions, chats with chefs and culinary events to enjoy.
– 20 May : The European Night of museums – An opportunity to enjoy specially created afterhours events in a hundred-odd museums across the Ile de France region.
– 22 May to 11 June : Roland garros at Porte d’Auteuil. Last year, Serbian player Novak Djokovic finaly won his first French Open title. Will he manage it again this yeah ?
– 20 and 21 : The legendary Grand Steeple-Chase of Paris, with 23 obstacles to be cleared at the Auteuil Racecourse.
– The young Canadian pop sensation Shawn Mendes in concert at AccorHotels Arena.
– 25 May is the Africa Day : L’Afrique des routes exhibition ( open until November) at Museum Quai Branly.
– On 27 May, see out the month in style by heading to the Stade de France for the French Cup football final 2017.
– In late May, at the Musée du quai Branly – Jacques Chirac, set sail for Oceania and drop anchorr in New Zealand with La Pierre sacrée des Maoris.
It is always comfortable to go and walk in a park or in a garden in Paris during the summer or spring to share a picnic. Here is a list of good addresses of best places to picnic in Paris. Continue reading “The best places to share a picnic in Paris”
Traveling and being hosted in a youth hostel is a mean to save money and is a good way to travel in a group. Why to choose a youth hostel for a group travel? What are the advantages and good deals?
What are the different tourist groups?
Indeed, it is possible to book a trip for a group in a youth hostel.
When you make a book request, you have to choose the group category (from 9 or 10 people) to which you belong: the group of friends, the school group, the sports group, the university group, the cultural groupe or leisure group…
Services offered for a group in a youth hostel
The hostel is usually located in the city’s center close to places and sights, which are ideal for group outings.
There are private rooms for two people or dormitories for 10 people for groups in a youth hostel.
Often, there is a club or a bar so that tourits can meet each other to exchange, relax together with discounts on the cocktails offered. Meeting or training rooms can also be booked for school or university groups … There are also game rooms.
The WIFI connection is free and machines with drinks and food are available for everybody.
Different formulas are available for a group in a youth hostel
Offers for groups during their stay in a youth hostel can be offered depending on the youth hostel.
These packages can include a bus or a train travel, accommodation and seings for a preferential rate. They are different depending on the goup’s needs. They can propose an outing to practice a sport, to make cultural visits or to enjoy a sport match …
To know the services that we offer, do not hesitate to consult our website Services and rates
Visiting Paris for free or almost, is it possible? Well yes ! Here are some good deals and free places to go for your three-day trip in Paris. Continue reading “Paris in 3 days: what visiting for free ?”
23The Effeil Tower, the world most visited monument will have no secret for you thanks to the official visitor guide application for iPhone & iPad. Continue reading “Planning your visit to the Eiffel Tower”