An event established over ten years ago, on the third Saturday in May French museums open their doors to visitors for free, staying open late into the evening.
Museums and quite particularly museums of France, on the occasion of this night, open to all the artistic practices through which the visitors make up(compose) the route(course) of their choice(selection). They were two millions last year to take advantage of numerous animations which were so proposed to them: projections, visit in the flashlight(torch), the treasure hunts, the shows, the concerts, etc. Organised by the Ministry of Culture and Communication, this event aims to make culture more accessible to all.
During this one special night, you can visit or revisit the top museums in the French capital, such as the Louvre, Musée d’Orsay, or Centre Pompidou, or be surprised by the Arts and Metiers Museum, the Decorative Arts Museum or the Palais de la Découverte (Palace of Discovery). This popular event also takes place in some thirty European countries. A long and fruitful night lies ahead…
Source : Parisinfo.com and Nuitdesmusees.culturecommunication.gouv.fr
– From 2 to 14 May : Design enthusiasts will be making their way this month to D’Days. Exhibitions, workshops, discussions and so on over this 12 day period.
– The 81st edition of the ice hockey world championship kicks off on 5 May, with 64 matches to be played by 16 countries attempting to wrest victory from the 2016 champion, Canada.
– 18 to 21 May : The food fair Taste of Paris, which sets up its stall in the nave of the Grand Palais. There will be a host of tasting sessions, chats with chefs and culinary events to enjoy.
– 20 May : The European Night of museums – An opportunity to enjoy specially created afterhours events in a hundred-odd museums across the Ile de France region.
– 22 May to 11 June : Roland garros at Porte d’Auteuil. Last year, Serbian player Novak Djokovic finaly won his first French Open title. Will he manage it again this yeah ?
– 20 and 21 : The legendary Grand Steeple-Chase of Paris, with 23 obstacles to be cleared at the Auteuil Racecourse.
– The young Canadian pop sensation Shawn Mendes in concert at AccorHotels Arena.
– 25 May is the Africa Day : L’Afrique des routes exhibition ( open until November) at Museum Quai Branly.
– On 27 May, see out the month in style by heading to the Stade de France for the French Cup football final 2017.
– In late May, at the Musée du quai Branly – Jacques Chirac, set sail for Oceania and drop anchorr in New Zealand with La Pierre sacrée des Maoris.
It is always comfortable to go and walk in a park or in a garden in Paris during the summer or spring to share a picnic. Here is a list of good addresses of best places to picnic in Paris. Continue reading “The best places to share a picnic in Paris”
Traveling and being hosted in a youth hostel is a mean to save money and is a good way to travel in a group. Why to choose a youth hostel for a group travel? What are the advantages and good deals?
What are the different tourist groups?
Indeed, it is possible to book a trip for a group in a youth hostel.
When you make a book request, you have to choose the group category (from 9 or 10 people) to which you belong: the group of friends, the school group, the sports group, the university group, the cultural groupe or leisure group…
Services offered for a group in a youth hostel
The hostel is usually located in the city’s center close to places and sights, which are ideal for group outings.
There are private rooms for two people or dormitories for 10 people for groups in a youth hostel.
Often, there is a club or a bar so that tourits can meet each other to exchange, relax together with discounts on the cocktails offered. Meeting or training rooms can also be booked for school or university groups … There are also game rooms.
The WIFI connection is free and machines with drinks and food are available for everybody.
Different formulas are available for a group in a youth hostel
Offers for groups during their stay in a youth hostel can be offered depending on the youth hostel.
These packages can include a bus or a train travel, accommodation and seings for a preferential rate. They are different depending on the goup’s needs. They can propose an outing to practice a sport, to make cultural visits or to enjoy a sport match …
To know the services that we offer, do not hesitate to consult our website Services and rates
Visiting Paris for free or almost, is it possible? Well yes ! Here are some good deals and free places to go for your three-day trip in Paris. Continue reading “Paris in 3 days: what visiting for free ?”
23The Effeil Tower, the world most visited monument will have no secret for you thanks to the official visitor guide application for iPhone & iPad. Continue reading “Planning your visit to the Eiffel Tower”
In April we have something for everyone! From the smallest to the biggest, from the art enthusiasts to the great sportsmen, they will find all their account. The programming for this month of April is vast and Easter will be the opportunity to do a real treasure hunt throughout Paris ! Continue reading “April in Paris”
Springtime is back to Paris. This is the perfect opportunity to take a short visit of the March activities and events. Numerous exhibitions are planned. That’s the right time to discover some of Paris must see events. Continue reading “March : Events in Paris”
Paris is the main city where you can eat and discover different restaurants and foods. You can eat traditional French food and World food. Discover the best and cheapest restaurants in the 15th arrondissement of Paris. Continue reading “Best restaurants at small prices in the 15th arrondissement”
Traveling in Paris is expensive especially if you travel by public transport or if you visit monuments and museums. Fortunately there are discount cards and good deals to make your trip in Paris more comfortable. Continue reading “Trip in Paris : Discount cards and good deals”